Friday, April 17, 2009

down the rabbit hole.


cave dwelling. pinnacles national park, october 2008.
(photo by Mike Arkus)

It's friday and I'm still trying to wade through a post-run funk that set in after sunday's attempt at 26.2.

Monday and Tuesday I made the decision not to run, but wednesday? thursday? and today, now, friday? still can't run more than a mile without feeling like I'm going to throw up.

I don't usually feel nausea from too much running....and I've always got a super appetite after longer runs. This time though, it's just not there. I've forced myself to eat all week. nothing is satisfying, and I've come to expect a stomach ache after I do eat something.

So here I am at the end of my week with a lousy 2 mile total and a marathon a week away. My legs feel fine! They're ready to go! They WANT to go! What if it's just nerves that are making me sick? What if I'm really sick? What if I still feel like this a week from sunday and I can't even run more than a mile?

1 comment:

Taylor Quimby said...

You're gonna be great. Hakuna Matata.