Sunday, June 22, 2008

6/21/08

distance run: 14 miles.
chose to run through the woods today to avoid the heat. I left later than usual, and the high temps certainly caught up on me faster than I thought they would. Left ginger in the car for the first 7 miles, and looped back around to grab her for another 7. by the time i got to the car to get her my stomach was all cramped up and I thought I'd just end up driving home and calling it a day. instead, i drank a bunch of water, sat down for a minute and was good for another 7. ginger did great, though we did have our share of water breaks along the way.
coming home, the road to my house was blocked off because a tree had fallen, so I spent the day aimlessly driving around with the dog. it was fun for a little while...but i really needed a shower and some down time.
i made it home in the early afternoon, with enough time for a long swim.


pre run breakfast: cereal with milk

stranded and out to lunch: ceasar salad


still stranded, time for a snack: chocolate chip cookie and iced coffee


finally made it home and had a swim with my best buddy:

No comments: