Saturday, June 14, 2008

6/14/08

distance run: 15 miles.
it was foggy this morning so i rushed out of the house to enjoy the cool air. i ran 8 miles into wilder ranch and along the ocean bluffs. circled back to the car to gather my dog and ran another 7 through the westside neighborhood and along westcliff.
15 miles is still a lot for me. i was really dragging myself at the end.

after my run i stopped at the westside farmers market. if i wasn't so tired i would have unwound for a while longer there...the pastries and coffee looked so good!

in the car, i had

breakfast: banana, white nectarine



and then when I came home I had
a more sufficient breakfast/post run meal: whole grain bagel with cream cheese


i napped for 4 hours.

and then had a snack while i prepared dinner: cottage cheese with a hardboiled egg. i shared half with ginger.


and the most satisfying dinners i've had in a long while:
Chicken with whole wheat penne pasta, and zucchini, squash, broccoli, mushrooms, onion in a roasted red pepper puree with sun dried tomato and capers. I had a side salad of mixed greens and wildflowers, cucumbers, garbanzo beans, green and red peppers, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, flax seeds and almonds dressed with olive oil and apple cider vinegar. whew!


i'm happy.

No comments: